The owner of Emmanuel muema’s blog challenged me for the free style writing challenge in which you as the nominee have to write freely for a set time on the subject that you are given by your nominator. He is a crazy and totally Kenyan. Please check out his blog.
The rules of this award :
1. Open a blank word document.
2. Set a stop watch timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever length you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post but do not scroll down to see it until you are ready with your timer.
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds! Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (It is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
6. At the end of your post write down the number of words to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7. Put the whole document onto your post and nominate 5 others and give them a new topic. Remember to copy paste the rules!
The subject given to me by Emmanuel is what I thought life would be like when I grew up
I thought I would always be able to command people around and send them to fetch me things when am sitting. I thought I would get to be the best adult and would never be in a fight with anyone.
I also thought that I would get anything I wanted since I would be mature. Life would all about getting kids and getting married and sending them to sleep early just like my mother did. I would make and break all the rules as I wanted.
Time is up. I did 3 minutes.